Over 100,000 people attended Regional Flavours in Brisbane on the 15-16 July with foodies from all over Australia wanting a bite of Sunshine Coast Produce. FAN, in collaboration with Sunshine Coast Council and Visit Sunshine Coast hosted a regional hub – “Flavours of the Sunshine Coast”, and attendees were drawn in by the food from our region with genuine excitement about the location it was from.
FAN General Manager Emma Greenhatch attended the event, and returned with success stories for each of our 10 FAN members who showcased their produce at the event. “They all had a phenomenal couple of days, and it was an opportunity for them to put their products in front of consumers from Brisbane and interstate. Getting these companies out of the region to showcase what they have got to national and international markets is really key and what we’re driving hard on. The exposure promotes the depth and diversity of businesses we’ve got, and will attract others to set up in the region”.
Highlights from our FAN members at Regional Flavours;
- Woombye Cheese had their best 2 days of trading ever and sold out both days – moving more than 1,500 pieces of cheese.
- Ten Acres sold 350 loaves of sourdough bread, and their marmalade was also a huge hit.
- QCamel sold out of their milk with 3,000 people who have never tried Camel milk sampling their product and becoming potential new customers!
- Kokopod’s most popular chocolate was the honeycomb, also selling out!
- Maleny Black Angus Beef used 4,000 toothpicks, sampling their sausages and beef burgers
- The Fresh Chai Co. sold more than 1,000 packets of chai and had 1,000 100% satisfied customers
Check out some great images from the event below.