Demo Day Graduation event: 10am – 1pm, Tuesday 17th July at the Innovation Centre.
Words by Grow Coastal Program Manager – Jacqui Price.
It’s hard to believe that the GrowCoastal program is nearly over for another year. It’s been so much fun and a lot of hard work. The 2018 cohort of twelve companies have forged a strong bond as they’ve worked through the last eleven weeks of coaching and workshops covering pitching, legals & business structure, customer centric design thinking, brand narrative, social media, essentifrom als for food packaging, understanding different personalities and much more. They’ve supported each other with the display and sampling of their products at a variety of events including a visit from the global TCI Cluster Conference attendees, the TEQ Conversations with Industry Forum, a visit from the John Dillon Foundation SE Asian members, the Heather Mackenzie event at the Innovation Centre, and the FAN Networking event at the Big Pineapple.
Hear what some of our participants had to say about the program:
“The GrowCoastal program has given us a great focal point and shown us how we can transform and change. After our ten years of hard work, we’re taking it to the next level and turning it into something far bigger than it is now,” Nick Grivas, The Wholefood Artisan
“The GrowCoastal program is a great platform for scaling-up our business in a collaborative way – it’s been absolutely fantastic so far. The network of people we’ve met has been amazing and this is just the start of the program so I’m really looking forward to what’s coming next. There is so much education and insight into the industry,” Megan Dean, Embassy XO
Below is a list of our 2018 Grow Coastal participants who are currently madly practising their pitches for the Demo Day graduation event on the 17th July. We’d love all FAN members to join us at the Innovation Centre to hear all about the group’s journey. Please support them and welcome them into our network.
- Barenuts – Totally bare, award-winning gourmet macadamia nuts and treats
- Black Lemonade – Unique vegan and gluten free decadent chocolate cookies
- Boneafide Broth Co – Organic chicken bone broth bombs and healthy savoury chips
- Embassy XO – Steamed duck buns to die for
- Good Harvest Organic Farm – totally local, organic, healthy fruit and vegie farm boxes
- Hive Haven – Native Honey (Sugarbag stingless honey)
- KOKOPOD Chocolate – Award winning premium handcrafted chocolate
- LuvaBerry – Freeze dried strawberries made from the freshest sunshine coast produce
- Mighty Bean – Certified Organic soy tempeh tasty treats
- Sunshine Coast Cider – Traditionally crafted cider made with 100% apple juice & no additives
- The Whole Food Artisan – Handcrafted artisan granola made with whole food ingredients
- Ugly Duck Preserves – Gourmet preserves made with imperfect or surplus local produce that would otherwise go to waste