The Big Pineapple is in the throws of developing an exciting renewal plan. This is being done in close consultation with the community with a view to developing a rejuvenated and sustainable Big Pineapple experience that will include a food & tourism hub, nature based tourism, an events space, accommodation and a travel centre. There will be significant scope for our sector to be involved and to create new business opportunities.
KEY ANECDOTAL FEEDBACK FROM LOCAL STAKEHOLDERS RECEIVED TO-DATE
- Support for the thematic concept of the new Big Pineapple experience – new and existing uses must all work together to succeed
- Need for modernised major tourism offer with the Big Pineapple still a dominant feature
- Support for major events with professional management
- Popularity of the parfaits, and opportunity to further showcase Sunshine Coast produce
- Support for economic contributions including local jobs and small business opportunities
- Need to address the site’s boundaries and edges in planning.
FAN will coordinate a project briefing where industry will have the opportunity to ask questions and put forward ideas.