FAN is seeking your support to deliver a workforce project in 2018. This project follows on from the Sweetest Job project operated by Regional Development Moreton Bay and delivery partners Stones Throw Group in 2017/18, which has been highly successful in matching trained and skilled staff to jobs in the food and agribusiness industry in the region.
FAN is partnering with the Maroochydore Chamber of Commerce to deliver the 2018 Sweetest Job project and we are seeking your support for this project which will provide training, skills and work experience to people in the Sunshine Coast region who are struggling to gain employment through traditional recruitment methods.
As part of this project, all candidates will complete a comprehensive skills and development program including:
- CII in Logistics
- Food safety / hygiene and food processing specific competencies
- Forklift licence
- Customer service, barista and RSA
- First Aid & White Card
- Teamwork, communication, time management and motivation
The key benefits for FAN members are:
- Access to trained employees with requisite skills and work experience gained in your specific organisational context
- An opportunity to trial staff through work experience prior to committing to taking them on as employees
- Being able to pick the “cream of the crop”
- More productive new employees who are able to hit the ground running, thereby reducing recruitment and upfront training costs.
We are seeking your support for this program through a Statement of Support below. Please note that this statement of support does NOT create any obligations on your part and we would negotiate all of this with you in a way that suits your individual requirements should the project be approved.
Simply fill in your estimated recruitment needs, copy and paste your responses into a return email and send to: [email protected] by 6 April 2018.
If you would like to discuss this further or have questions, concerns or queries, please call me on 0466 634 465 or project partner Kris McCue from Stones Throw Group on 0408 074 001 or email [email protected].
Thank you for your support.
Sweetest Job Project: Statement of Support
I would like to confirm [business name] support for the 2018 Sweetest Job project under the Queensland Government’s Skilling Queenslanders for Work (SQW) Initiative as follows:
- My business will consider project participants, where appropriate, for work experience opportunities throughout the project.
- My estimated workforce/recruitment needs in 2018/19 are [insert number]new employees with the skills delivered under this project.
- We will consider project graduates for appropriate employment opportunities as a result of work experience, or through our recruitment process.
- I confirm that:
- The CII in Logistics, Food safety/hygiene and food processing specific competencies, forklift licence, customer service, barista and RSA, First Aid & White Card and employability and foundation skills delivered under this project aligns to the skills needs of our business. Employees with this combination of skills are difficult to identify and these skills are in short supply.
- We are able to provide opportunities for participants to visit our workplace and undertake some practical training components onsite.
- We are able to deliver a participant briefing session about our employment requirements and workplace context.