Keep an eye on our events page to see what national, local and international events are coming up in the future, as well as events from our members and our own FAN workshops, talks and networking events. Check back regularly or subscribe with RSS or iCal to stay up to latest with all the upcoming events that are relevant to the Food and Agribusiness industry.
If you’re a FAN member, you can submit events through the member dashboard, or if you’re logged in just click the ‘Add Event’ button below.
FAN Workshop: Food Trends with Brodee Myers-Cooke
Brodee Myers-Cooke is the editor-in-chief of taste.com.au, Australia’s number one food and lifestyle brand. As Australia’s go-to resource for recipes and more, Brodee, will present to FAN Members and guests the latest food trends.
FAN Roundtable: Accessing Free Trade Agreements
The Australian Government’s Trade Sub-Committee of the Joint Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade (JSCFADT) is undertaking a new federal parliamentary inquiry into the access to free trade agreements (FTAs) by small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs).
Mr Ted O’Brien MP, Chair of the Trade Sub-Committee would like to meet with FAN members who are currently exporting or looking to export to explore how to leverage Australia’s FTAs. The terms of reference for the inquiry are:
The Committee shall examine the opportunities and challenges facing small and medium Australian export-oriented businesses that seek to leverage free trade agreements for the export of goods and services. The Committee shall have particular regard to:
- consideration of what products and services (e.g. inclusion and prioritisation) are negotiated in free trade agreements;
- awareness of, and accessibility to, free trade agreements;
- lessons learnt from attempts at leveraging free trade agreements, including barriers to implementation and success in fast-tracking export opportunities;
- role and effectiveness of support structures and networks in helping leverage free trade agreements;
- ongoing capacity building that will assist in creating opportunities and capturing more value from free trade agreements in the future; and
- any other related matters.
To find out more about the inquiry, please visit www.aph.gov.au/jfadt.
The Future of Farming
Presented by FAN, Chemical Free Farmers Assoc. and Sustainable Soil Solutions
You’re invited to an educational afternoon on the “Future of Farming” where you will hear from 3 x guest speakers followed by an informative and delicious networking BBQ. You will have the chance to network with fellow farmers, producers and foodies.
PROGRAM – FUTURE OF FARMING TOPICS
Guest Speaker #1: John Leslie, Vertical Farming Systems
Vertical Farming is a revolutionary approach to producing high quantities of nutritious and quality fresh food all year round. John will discuss the pros and cons of vertical farming and explain how the system works.
A tour of Vertical Farming Systems will follow.
Guest speaker #2: Warren and Karen Jarling, CGL Beef
Producing premium quality beef in the Gympie region, Warren and Karen Jarling, will discuss how they manage to raise livestock without the use of chemical inputs.
Guest speaker #3: Angelica Cameron, Entomologist, IPM Technologies
Angelica works across Australia and New Zealand assisting farmers and advisors to develop and demonstrate practical integrated pest management (IPM) strategies. She will discuss IPM and biological control solutions, drawing on her experience in intensive horticulture, broad-acre cropping and fodder crops. This session is sponsored by Bugs for Bugs.
Upcoming Industry Events
Free Trade Agreements Seminar12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Regulator Rally – Connecting small…
- 9:30 amFree Trade Agreements Seminar
- 12:00 pmRegulator Rally – Connecting small business with regulatory agencies
- 6:30 pmQA Management in the Food Industry Seminar Series – White Milk
- 8:30 amCapability Statement Workshop
- 9:15 amFAN Workshop: Protecting your Brand in the Online World
- 1:00 pmFood Recall Workshop – Sunshine Coast
- 9:00 amForage Farm Tours
- 8:30 amTendering for Business – Workshop
FAN Member Events
South-East Qld Events
Wide-Bay Burnett Events