The Food & Agribusiness Network (FAN) is a membership-based, not-for-profit company, established to support the food and agribusiness industry. Agribusiness was identified as one of the 7 High Value Industries for the Sunshine Coast (Regional Economic Development Strategy – REDS). FAN endeavours to tap into increased demand for food and agricultural resources – both locally and globally.
The Food and Agribusiness Network encompasses the Greater Sunshine Coast region, Noosa, Gympie and Moreton Bay. Rich soils and favourable climatic conditions, together with a clean water supply make the Sunshine Coast the perfect food and agribusiness locality.
FAN core values
- FAN is greater than the sum of its parts, we believe as a collective we can achieve more together.
- FAN provides a clear, strong and united voice for the business community by working across the production to consumption value chain to improve the region’s business environment.
- FAN is the meeting point where the food and agribusiness industry members are encouraged to meet, share ideas, innovate and collaborate to grow their business, and in so doing, the regional economy.
- FAN is not constrained by geopolitical boundaries – it brings together dynamic businesses from across the Greater Sunshine Coast Region.
- FAN brings together industry, academic research and knowledge to benefit its’ members and to grow the food and agribusiness sectors in the region.