New initiative for FAN Members! The University of the Sunshine Coast is sending nutrition students to FAN in 2018. As part of their work placement program, third year bachelor of nutrition students may be able to assist your business with:
- Product and recipe development
- Nutritional analysis of your products
- Compliance with food labelling law (FSANZ)
- Provide nutrition information panels for your products
- Marketing ideas
- Research (for example, students could develop a portfolio of the nutritional benefits of your product/the ingredients of your product)
- Menu design
- Needs analysis (Are people in the community needing your product, in terms of nutrition? If so, who are they, where are they?)
If your business has a nutrition focus, and could benefit from input from a student nutritionist, you are invited to apply for the position of ‘USC Placement Partner.’ In this role you will need to provide a suitable project for the student to work on, while supervising the student. Students are required to do 75 hours of work placement within a Semester.
It is hoped that the student nutritionist will be able to provide your business with nutrition-specific knowledge and skills that may add value to your business, while the students gain a valuable workplace experience within the food industry from you.
Successful applicants will be chosen by the USC Nutrition Department in consultation with FAN, and will be based on the ability of the business to provide a unique learning experience for the students which enables the student to meet their required competencies for graduation.